We are hiring an Event and Marketing Coordinator!
TITLE: Event & Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Sponsorship & Marketing Manager
LOCATION: Swift Current, SK
CONTRACT TERM: September 2018 – September 2019
SALARY LEVEL: Commensurate on education and experience
The Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games (WCSG) Host Society is looking to fill the position of Event & Marketing Coordinator.
In less than one year, over 1700 of Western Canada’s youth will have the opportunity to shine in Swift Current as we host the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games. The participants from six provinces and territories will be joined by over 400 officials, media and VIPs, nearly 2000 volunteers and thousands more visitors for the ten-day event. Featuring 16 sports and an arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games will be the largest event in Swift Current’s history.
The Event & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Sponsorship & Marketing Manager as well as volunteer committees to organize different aspects of sponsorship, marketing as well as cultural programs for the 2019 Games. A proven record in working within a volunteer organization, a history of strong planning, reporting, communications and liaising with internal and external stakeholders are necessary skill sets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Planning and coordinating, along with the volunteer function area directors and their sub-committees, the operational plans for all marketing, sponsorship & culture components
- Provide assistance tracking marketing, culture & sponsorship event and campaign deliverables
- Coordinate sponsorship contracts and related administration for marketing, sponsorship and culture function areas
- Work closely with volunteer committees to develop, test and implement plans, policies, and procedures
- Submit final reports after all campaigns, sponsorship drives and major events (pre and post Games) to evaluate success
- Other duties as reasonably required. Due to the nature of our organization, and especially so during the time leading up to, and during the actual Games, all staff will be required to act in capacities beyond their formal job description. These will always be reasonable however the expectation is that staff will step up in ways that may not normally be expected of them
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITIES
- Experience in an administrative role within marketing, sponsorship, culture, festivals, event planning, or communications. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered
- An adaptable attitude and a friendly personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Sound judgment with the ability to multitask and proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment where duties and reporting levels are shared
- Computer literacy skills including advanced Google Drive (documents, sheets, etc.)
- Experience with project management programs an asset
- Strong social media and website experience
- Experience in multi-sport Games is an asset
- A valid class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license
- Formal office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; however, flexibility will be required. This may include various evening/weekend committee work, varying workload/deadlines, Games time requirements, etc.
- The 2019 Western Canada Summer Games Host Society is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity strengthens us as a workplace; we encourage all those qualified to apply.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record check and vulnerable sector check and must complete Respect in Sport training in order to become Safe Places – Youth Certified.
Please email your cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 work references in complete confidence to the Sponsorship & Marketing Manager. Within the subject line of your email please include: Event & Marketing Coordinator position.
Sponsorship & Marketing Manager
Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games
Closing date: September 14, 2018
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The 2019 Western Canada Summer Games is seeking corporate partners to support this major event and who may be looking for career development opportunities for their employees. Potential employees seeking a secondment from their organization are appreciated and encouraged to apply.