We are hiring a Games Services Coordinator
TITLE: Games Services Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Sport and Venues Manager
LOCATION: Swift Current, SK
CONTRACT TERM: September 2018 – September 2019
SALARY LEVEL: Commensurate on education and experience
The Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games (WCSG) Host Society is looking to fill the position of Games Services Coordinator.
In less than one year, over 1700 of Western Canada’s youth will have the opportunity to shine in Swift Current as we host the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games. The participants from six provinces and territories will be joined by over 400 officials, media and VIPs, nearly 2000 volunteers and thousands more visitors for the ten-day event. Featuring 16 sports and an arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games will be the largest event in Swift Current’s history.
The Games Services Coordinator will work with volunteer committees to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the services required to support the key operational elements of the Games. Services include Transportation, Food Services, Logistics, Village Services, Security and Event Services, Waste Management and Signage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Capture user needs for all designated functional areas;
- Monitor scopes of work of internal and external user groups;
- Manage contractors for delivery of services;
- Ensure accurate tracking of all equipment and supplies;
- Coordinate load in and load out of equipment and supplies at all venues;
- Prepare operational plans;
- Prepare and deliver contingency operational plans; and
- Other duties as reasonably required. Due to the nature of our organization and especially so during the time leading up to and during the actual Games, all staff will be required to act in capacities beyond their formal job description. These will always be reasonable however the expectation is that staff will step up in ways that may not normally be expected of them.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITIES
- Experience in logistics, events or similar environment, planning the coordination of multi-faceted projects;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Sound judgment with the ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise;
- Ability to work collaboratively with exceptional attention to detail;
- Must be a self starter;
- Proficient computer skills including advanced spreadsheet knowledge (Google Drive primarily used in office);
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Ability to lift and assist with physical work;
- A valid class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license; and
- Experience in multi-sport Games is an asset.
- Formal office hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:30, however, flexibility will be required. This may include various evening/weekend committee work, varying workload/deadlines, Games time requirements, etc.
- The Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games Host Society is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity strengthens us as a workplace. We encourage all those qualified to apply.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record and vulnerable sector check and must complete Respect in Sport training in order to become Safe Places – Youth Certified.
Please email your cover letter, resumé and a minimum of 3 work references to the Games Manager. Within the subject line of your email, please include: Games Services Coordinator position. Any information submitted will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games
Closing date: September 17, 2018
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted. The Swift Current 2019 Western Canada Summer Games is seeking corporate partners to support this major event and who may be looking for career development opportunities for their employees. Potential employees seeking a secondment from their organization are appreciated and encouraged to apply.