GET IN THE GAME…and join the 2,000 metre race!
VERY SOON…nearly 2000 of Western Canada’s best and brightest will set their sights on Swift Current as we host the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games (WCSG). Thousands of visitors including officials, VIPs, media and spectators will join us for the 10-day event. Featuring 16 sports and a major arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Games will be the largest event in Swift Current’s history.
In order to host an event of this magnitude, we need enthusiastic, dedicated leaders to assist with the planning and execution of the 2019 WCSG. We are looking for skilled and experienced individuals to take on leadership and planning roles, starting now through Games time.
We also need the enthusiasm and hospitality of volunteers to help in many different areas during Games Time, such as food services, transportation and spectator services. There is a volunteer role for EVERYONE with the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games. We encourage all individuals over the age of 13 (as of August 1, 2019) to apply. Please find parental consent forms below.
Have questions? See our Volunteer FAQ link below or contact Kevin Hurley, our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-770-2504.
Please find more important information below!
- Volunteer Pocket Guide
- Volunteer FAQ
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check permission letter Please note: We will accept completed Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks as of August 1, 2018.
- Youth Volunteer Permission Form & Photo Release Form (for minors)
Additional Volunteer Resources
The Uniform Distribution & Accreditation Centre (UDAC) is located at the Swift Current Mall. The hours of operation are as follows:
- August 2-10: 8am to 8pm
- August 11 & 12: 8am to 4pm
- August 13: 8am to 8pm
- August 14-17: 8am to 4pm
Here are a few things you should know before starting your application form:
- The minimum age for volunteers is 13 years of age, as of August 1, 2019.
- You will need a valid email address.
- You will need to upload a color photo for your accreditation. Smile pretty!
- It will take up to 10 minutes to complete the application form.
- Ensure you have enough time to complete the application in one sitting as you will not be able to save a partially completed application.
- You will need information for one emergency contact.
- The system does not save your work until you click “Apply”.
Safe Places – Youth Certified
Safe Places is a City of Swift Current initiative that is designed to help ensure quality community leadership and to help reduce potential risks to children and youth. It provides training and tools to identify and respond to bullying, abuse, harassment and discrimination as well as background checks to ensure that those working with children are safe.
All volunteers for the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games will need to complete Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks, which is a large portion of Safe Places certification. It is not mandatory that volunteers for the 2019 WCSG become youth certified. However, the Host Society endorses this program and encourages volunteers to become certified. If you want more information or wish to become Safe Places – Youth Certified, please click here.