We are hiring! Summer Student positions available!
In August 2019, over 1700 of western Canada’s youth will have the opportunity to shine in Swift Current as we host the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games (WCSG). The participants from six provinces and territories will be joined by over 400 officials, media and VIPs, nearly 2000 volunteers and thousands more visitors for the ten-day event. Featuring 16 sports and an arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games will be the largest event in Swift Current’s history.
The Swift Current 2019 WCSG Host Society is accepting applications for summer student employment. The following three positions are available:
- Sponsorship & Marketing Assistant
- Sport & Venues Assistant
- Games Services Assistant
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The main objective of these positions is to work closely with volunteers and staff to prepare for the 2019 Games. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in organization, operation, and implementation of function area work plans
- Assist in coordination of 2018 Sport Test Events
- Administration duties
- Preparation of games time materials and equipment
- Participation in promotional and volunteer recruitment events
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Computer skills and an understanding of databases
- Well organized with ability to build, track and maintain project plan details
- Experience or knowledge of sport is an asset
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment
- A valid drivers license
Students should clearly indicate the following information on their application:
- Their area of post-secondary study;
- The position(s) they are interested in; and
- Any previous related work and/or volunteer experiences.
To be eligible, the student must be:
- Available full-time, between May 1 to August 24;
- A full-time post-secondary student in an accredited institution;
- Returning to full-time studies in the next academic term; and
- Willing to obtain a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check.
Students interested in these positions must submit a cover letter, resume and two references no later than Wednesday, March 14, 2018. Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen to continue in the selection process will be contacted.